Someday, I’m going to lose it and disappear for awhile. Whether it’s today, tomorrow, or a few years from now. Disconnect my phone, shut off my facebook, put everything I own into a storage container and essentially disappear from the world for awhile.
- make it seem like they’re happy to be talking to you.
- can keep a conversation.
- don’t reply with just one word answers.
- can at least make me smile or laugh.
- have a good sense of humor.
- know when to be serious or when to lighten up.
- just know how to have a good talk without making things awkward.
This was exactly you. Haha
Hand me a good book, give me a quiet place, relieve me from all my worries, send me some closure, bring me the smell of freshly brewed coffee, open the curtains enough so, that the sun shines through that small crevice and right into those spellbinding eyes of yours.
Do so and I’ll repay you with…with written songs and ready-made breakfast every morning. Sorry dear, I’m broke.
David Quammen (via prettybooks)
Just a few small thoughts, brief recaps of Spring Break, and a list to help organize a few thoughts.
- The first thought that comes to mind is that I love being home. Not just being back in the MoCo area but physically spending time at home. The luxury of waking up to no alarms and getting the adequate amount of sleep and seeing some friends back home are the best part of it.
- I’ve been in a Spring Cleaning kind of feeling the last few weeks. I’ve been cleaning out old pictures, documents, and files from my Macbook and I’m well above 90 GBs in memory and my iTunes collection went from 6,000+ songs to a little bit over 1,800 songs after deleting songs and albums I most likely never plan to listen to in this lifetime. I’m hoping to torrent about 200 songs that I’ve been really wanting to listen to and keep my total songs around 2K.
- Also been cleaning out the closet (lol, thought of that Eminem song) and I’ve got so many clothes to give away, sell at Uptown Cheapskate, or just straight up donate. So many hoodies, jeans, and t-shirts I never plan on wearing again. Get rid of the new and plan for the future. Doing the same with most of my Jordans, a few Nikes, and some North Face jackets. If anyone’s interested, hit me up!
- Just finished The Hunger Games a few days ago. The book was really fun to read and I just picked up Catching Fire and Mockingjay, hoping to finish them before Spring Break. Only thing is that the whole series is so mainstream and hyped up, it’s a little annoying to hear about it everywhere I go but I guess it’s cool. Had a nice conversation with the dude that rang me up at Target about the series.
- Spring Break has been really relaxing and fun. Had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C and take pictures of the Cherry blossoms, Pentagon Mall, Rita’s with the friends back home, late night drives, shopping at Tyson’s Corner, and some time at home with the family. Hoping to get the brunt of my schoolwork done today so I can go out on Friday and Saturday.
- Things I still have yet to do:
* Wipe down my Macbook. I eat too often in front of the computer lol
* Vacuum the floor and drop off some clothes at the Goodwill.
* Finish my list
* Finish my take home exam
* Send in the job applications
* Keep working out
I had other stuff to write but I should probably get started with my work now.
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” - Jeremiah 17:7-8
Just a reminder of things to get done over Spring Break.
- Controversies in Criminal Justice 10 page take home exam
x - Controversies in Criminal Justice Briefing
- Study and fill out the Study Guide for Policing Exam #2
- Theories of Crime Writing Assignment #3
x - Theories of Crime Reading Assignment #4
- Keeper & Query for Urban Crime
- Turn in Final Paper for Personality
- Find out where to live for next semester
x - Send in State Tax Forms
x - Mail out letters to Kody, Tina, and April
- Figure out my list
- Sell my North Face and the Jordans
- Send in my job applications
x - Clean my laptop’s hard drive and physically scrub the filth off of it
- Get on my freaking diet. Gaining mad weight
x - Clean out my iTunes and torrent some new songs
x - Clean the room and do some Spring Cleaning
I never understood why teachers use reading as a punishment. Reading is a pleasure. It’s leisurable, delighting, soul awakening, mind boggling, and rewarding in every sense.
I’m missing church today and for some reason, it’s bugging me. I’m always preaching to myself that God comes first but when it comes around to Sunday, I always feel I have to give up the one day of the week that I actually devote to God to do other things. Even when I spend 24/7 with my girlfriend, I’m going to spend it with her and for some reason, it’s bugging me. Just a small promise to myself. Keep true to the one thing that matters the MOST.
God comes first, everything else will take care of itself. No matter what, church on Sunday is a must and I won’t let anything interfere with that. I won’t compromise with things like this ever again.
“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.” 1 John 3:16