One will run a finger down the index of who you are and jump straight to the parts of you that peak their interest. The other will take his or her time reading through every one of your chapters and maybe fold corners of you that inspired them most. You will meet these two people; it is a given. It is the third that you’ll never see coming: that one person who not only finishes your sentences, but keeps the book.
- I’m just sitting here in the Liberal Arts building alcove at 2PM, while the food in my stomach digests and the gym slowly filters out. It’ll be the first gym session of the semester and I’m hoping that it starts off on the right foot. I have to make sure not to do too many upper body workouts this semester. Decrease the weights and increase the reps and sets while getting a stronger core and legs. Since I won’t be playing rugby anymore, I won’t have to absorb big hits so I can focus on making sure I’m faster and also working on that first step.
- It’s really hard to believe that college is going to be over for me in just 3 & a half months. After talking to my advisor this morning, I’m all set to graduate. All I have to do is apply for graduation online and get above a C on all my classes and I’ll graduate. Can’t believe that this chapter is coming to an end and I won’t be making a return back to Towson University for anymore semesters, classes, move-ins, or anything. Just really hard to think about.
- The past 4 years in college have really changed me and I haven’t even noticed. Every day of college, I’d wake up feeling the same exact way about myself as I did yesterday. But looking back at myself in freshmen year and comparing myself to myself now, in my last semester, I almost can’t believe I changed so much. The way I dress, the things that I value, the things I spent money, the way I think, and etc.
- I hope I can last through the months of September, October, and November. Illegally subletting is a pain in the ass and not having a real room is really sucking but I just have to get through 3 months of this kind of living. Things to remember is to talk to my dad and Pastor John about coming home every weekend and getting a hamper for my “room.”
- I need a set workout schedule. I need the discipline to stick to this schedule.
I hate nasty little surprises that cost me extra money.
I hate this tiny ass closet that I’ll have to live in.
I just have to survive the month of September, October, and November and I’m done with college.
I hate how some people change so drastically, you hardly recognize them anymore.
have you ever loved a lyric so much that when you hear it feels like your heart is trying to burst out of your body
I need to torrent some albums by artists before I go back to school. So far on the list…
- Kendrick Lamar
- Amy Winehouse
- Frank Ocean
- A$AP Rocky
Any other suggestions?
- Adam: So what's new man? Anything happen this summer?
- Me: Well, I'm becoming a bible study teacher starting this Sunday. I guess that's new
- Adam: ... No man, I'm being serious. I haven't heard from you all summer. How have you been?
- Me: I am serious...
- Adam: ...
- Me: ...
- Adam: ...
- Me: ...
- Adam: Seriously? Was it like... they CHOSE you or they had no one else to do it?
- Me: ... Probably the latter?
- Adam: Yeah, probably.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (x)
Ugh, I’m sorry to double post with two quotes, but he’s dropping another truth bomb here. I hate when people misinterpret 500DOS and think of Summer as some kind of bitch, or, alternately, as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. That’s only how his character saw her.
To me, this movie was basically about Nice Guy Syndrome: A guy who thinks he’s just so nice that he’s entitled to the woman he wants, and when she decides she doesn’t want him back, she becomes a bitch, or a whore.
Hate hate hateeee this.
I’m DYING to go somewhere new, meet new people, do new things, and encounter new experiences. I feel like I’m suffocating here in Maryland.
Whenever I see people with tattoos, I always have the urge to run up to them and ask the story behind each one.
Even if it means nothing at all.
4:22 AM 새벽.
I have no idea why I’m still awake.
I have no clue as to when I’ll fall asleep.
I’m drinking coffee while stressing about everything that’s been happening the last few days. I feel like I have so many things to take care of before school starts but I only have 5 days to do them all. I only have one more semester of college until I graduate and I’m off in the real world. I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around this idea. All the years of schooling is almost over.
I’m also worried about graduation. About money. About becoming a teacher at church. Worried about not finding a job. Scared my past self is slowly coming back. I’m not sure why I feel like this all of a sudden.
x - Return Levi’s Jean Jacket/M-65
x - Return Michael’s MyHabit Order
x - Get pants length tailored by umma
x - Send out Cynthia’s package
- Alter my class schedule around
- Make a list of things I need for school
x - Call Adam
- Figure out what to wear for Sunday’s Ordination
- Download all the music I want before school